The town of Monmouth is crammed full of history and its pleasing location between the rivers Wye and Monnow, below the hills of the Royal Forest of Dean, make it a popular tourist destination. Monmouth is central to the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Wye Valley and surrounds, and is within easy reach of The Midlands, M4 corridor and most motorway networks.
Monmouth is the County Market Town and hosts a traditional produce market every Friday and Saturday. Monmouth is a shoppers paradise, a long street full of niche and eclectic shops, the bustling market town has a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere.
Some points of note:
- Monmouth stages the largest FREE Music Festival in the UK
- Birth place of Charles Rolls, Aviator and co-founder of Rolls Royce
- Nelson Gardens and Nelson Museum Lord Horatio Nelson’s connection with Monmouth
- Birth place of King Henry V
- Geoffrey of Monmouth
- Offa’s Dyke National Trail
- Castle and Regimental Museum – Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers
- The Kymin – National Trust
- Ancient Monument – The Medieval Monnow Bridge